Chris concentrates in practice in the areas of business and corporate law, civil litigation, real estate, employment, and intellectual property matters.
Chris advises clients on corporate entity choice, formation, corporate expansion, capitalization, regulatory compliance, management, mergers & acquisitions and dissolution. Chris also drafts, negotiates and advises clients on contracts, including multi-million dollar contracts and real estate conveyances. Chris also serves as 1st chair litigation counsel, litigating numerous business matters, including minority shareholder/employee disputes, contract disputes, real estate matters, employee matters, collection matters, and similar cases.
Chris previously practiced at a NLJ 250 law firm and served as in-house counsel for a regional title insurance underwriter. He has successfully represented several large public Fortune 100 companies down to privately held small start-ups in the fields of energy, insurance, banking, and other related industries.
Chris obtained his Juris Doctor, Cum Laude from Hamline University School of Law and his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Minnesota. He is admitted to bar of Minnesota and U.S. District Court District of Minnesota.
- Drafted multi-million dollar commercial real estate purchase agreements, energy supply agreements, commercial lease agreements, license agreements, shareholder agreements, and other related instruments.
- Formed numerous corporate entities in Minnesota and in other states, including an insurance underwriting corporation.
- Lead counsel defending Fortune 100 company in multi-million dollar breach of contract matter. Succeeded in motion for summary judgment wherein all claims were dismissed.
- Lead counsel in case against municipality for breach of contract. Obtained a jury verdict in favor of clients, and a six figure attorney’s fees judgment.
- Lead counsel in case against small business representing minority shareholder. Obtained six-figure buy-out of shareholder settlement for client.
- Lead counsel in case against small business representing creditor. Obtained six-figure settlement for client.
- Lead counsel defending multi-million dollar judicial foreclosure action. Obtained favorable settlement for client and prevented foreclosure.